Outdoor burning guidelines:
1. No burning shall be done with winds less than 6 mph or greater than 23 mph
2. Burning must commence no earlier than one(1) hour after sunrise and must be completed no later than one(1) hour before sunset
3. Only natural organic items may be burned(Grass, trees, limbs, leaves)
4. Notify local Sheriff Department or Police Department prior to burning
5. If within the city limits a burn permit must be obtained prior to burning The following items are strictly prohibited from being burned:Asphalt materials, Chemical waste, Electrical insulation, Appliances, Electronics, Bedding, Rubber, Plastic, Treated or finished wood such as demolished lumber or furniture, Petroleum products, Potentially explosive items
VIOLATIONS OF BURN REGULATIONS CAN RESULT IN FINES AND/OR ARREST
Most area volunteer fire departments will assist with controlled burns.